Friday, June 28, 2013

Lil' Peppers...
My lovely, generous, compassionate, online fb friend Tobey Green has a new guy to take care of, a certain baby chick guinea fowl named Mr. Peepers. And for some reason* I felt drawn to make a sketch for her of her lil' guy. He's a snuggler, and so these photos show a very happy and hip guy, who has been hand fed for most of his young life now. He knows the future...just look into his eyes (lol.)



(two different camera resolutions...can u tell the difference?)



This was a project completed at work, on the sly, and I am pleased with the results and think that I might continue to do people's animal companions.

I am already raring to go on that project. Hehehe. But seriously, it has been challenging to get going on my projects with most every tool in boxes, with no room to bring them out. But, if I do things like this then I can easily keep my color pencils at work and doodle my way to art.

Been skimming Julia Cameron's book Finding Water: the Art of Perseverance, and getting  back to my roots while reading it. It is a very personal book about her life as an older-creative-woman, and I have done a couple of her 'divining rod' exercises with positive results. Might post a couple of those in lieu of art...or to coincide with my art.

Namaste.

*Reason being that I love TG so...she is a dear friend, and in her heart lies a beautiful flower called loving-kindness. I hope to meet her some day, and meet all of her fine animal-companions.

16 comments:

  1. Great post and love the design! Like to hear more about the 'diving rod' exercises too.

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hehehe...meant to write 'divining rod'...not diving...altho' I may be diving deep to get past my current challenge-set. Would love to see what you've been up to. Will go to 'White Fire' to take a peek. ;)

      Delete
  2. incredible innocence. i take it you see these lovely spirals and colors around beings. a child once drew me with something like that atop my head. i always wondered about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am conveying the spiritual in all of our earth companions...I love spirals and circles...thanks for stopping by yet again...happy Friday S.!

      Delete
    2. I would like to ask you if you have every seen something in the night sky, since you appear to "see" things. I wasnt sure if you wanted to talk about it here or not. I can start the topic on my blog if you prefer. Thank you.

      Delete
    3. Sorry for another post here. I made a topic for you to read on my pages. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. i enter now and then only where the door mat says "welcome". thank you for that. i enjoy chatting with peop that see things the way you do. uplifting... and puts me in a nicer space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a bit of a crystal hound myself...don't sell them, don't draw them, mostly just keep one or two in my pocket to help me through the days ups and downs. I have a favorite that is a carved, jade Kwan Yin. A very good friend gave me her small rendition, while she kept the bigger one. I am going to check-out the crystal fairs in my area, but I will be trying my luck at doing in-person psychic readings.

      Delete
    2. you can ask your h.s. to cleanse and heal the crystals and rocks. they will be happier then. i ask for EVERYthing to be cleansed and healed. wouldnt it be nice if nothing here needed that? also, kyanite seems to be clean all the time, or am i nuts here? forgive me for this long comment.

      i have a friend with fibromyalgia (sp? dont care) and she wanted to make me a bracelet. wearing it hurt my wrist so i knew the pain was in the stone beads. i put this bracelet in a bowl with lots of kyanite and the pain lodged in the beads went away. thanks for letting me wander.

      Delete
  4. I like the theme of animal companions. I always try to control myself and not gush about my animals, but our connection to our animals is really important to us.

    By the way - the second photo looks better I think (different camera resolutions).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mo. Had a note but lost it. :( hugs, jan

      Delete